Archives: memo

Mushroom ears!

Seems that we can focus on the details to be able to finish the model!

There is a long list of things that I want to adjust, possibly this things could be also adjusted in postpo, but, I feel more confortable with a nice render output so later on I don’t have to tweak it too much.

The render times started to rise a bit with all the elements, so now there is also the challange to keep them low with nice results.


Mushroom ears 3ds max

Rigging the ears

 

I’ve been working on the rigging of the ears. They are a Spline Ik, controlled by some points, and then a flex applyied to the base spline with the center on the starting point of the ears. That way I can have an “automated” animation for the secondary bounce, that, even is not enough, will make things a bit more simple.

Every “mushroom ear” has different flex parameters so they don’t same way same time, this way is much more interesting.

On the top i have that big circles, because I had to Wire some parameters that I wanted like the “twist” and some “flex” parameters in order to be able to activate and deactivate the parameters.

It works fine and smooth, so i’m happy with it for now :)
spline ik rig 3dsmax

busy!

This days I’m not updating any process because I’m working finishing a project mapping for the city of Barcelona in very short time…
There have been some changes in the voice of some characters and that’s allways a problem into the timming!!

The good think of working on weekends is that the renderfarm is quite empty ^__^

173_maquinas

173 machines just for meee! :D

Hair and Fur2

Arf… to be able to create the hair that Emi wanted for our creature, I had to fake the underskin of the creature, the hairs were to long and was difficult to get some nice results with a reasonable render time.

Here some progress:

hair_test_12 hair_test_13

I really love how the hair looks with the light behind… ohh… so lovely…. don’t you think?

I played a lot with the Multi strand parameter with this hair, this way I can have lots of hair with a reasonable render time.

Still lots of work to do with this hair.. but today we moved one step forwards! Yehaa!!

Hair and Fur

 

While Emi my illustrator, is working adding some amazing details to the mesh of the Hunter, I’m starting to do some tests with the Hair and Fur…

Creating the right hair is never easy… and also trying to not extend too much the render times…
Still I couldnt find the final solution to the Hunter hair but we are on the way….

Possibly I will have to apply more than one hair and fur modifier, and also create maps for the lenght, curl, density, clumps…!
Wish me luck.

hair_test_01 hair_test_03 hair_test_04

 

Tests with Multi UV, Vector Displacement and Mudbox

memo post:

I’m working on a big creature in Mudbox and I found out that I needed extra detail, so after doing some research I came with the solution that was to create a Multi Texture for the model and then proceed with it, adding detail on Mudbox.

I’m still working on it, trying to remove some artifacts on the Vector Displacement, that seems created by some Nesting on my mesh.

To apply the multi uv vector displacement in 3Dsmax I used the Vray displacement mod and using the “composite” material to put all the four textures toguether.

vector_disp_multiuv vector_disp_multiuv_2

————————————–
update
————————————–

I could remove the nesting artifacts in the vector displacement using this setup:
Seems was some problem with the smoothings

vector_disp_multiuv_5

Now I have smooth and nice Vector Displacements :)

vector_disp_multiuv_3

————————————–
update
————————————–

Later on, because the creature may have fur or hair over it, … I wanted to achieve the same ” or similar ” result using Displacement Modifier of 3DsMax with a Standard Displacement map export from mudbox.

— This is the 3Ds MAX viewport Capture —
vector_disp_multiuv_6

vector_disp_multiuv_8 vector_disp_multiuv_10

 

So finaly! got some nice results and now i’m able to create large creatures, with huge amount of details ” until my ram fills up and my workstation crashes ” :D:D:D